Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Thanks for our independence, England...and our warmth."

Hello all!
I'm super tired and really getting into the hard work of writing my papers for my seminars today, so I'll be keeping this post short.
Being halfway through the second week of classes, I'm really starting to learn a lot here at Oxford. Strangely enough, the thing I've learned the most is how to appreciate good weather. For anyone who's been to jolly ol' England, you know that the weather is seriously bipolar. We've been told by locals that the past two weeks have been worse than they've seen in a long time. Perfect. It will be cool and cloudy in the morning, sunny and warm and beautiful for two hours in the afternoon, and then all of a sudden be pouring down rain (again).
I had a great surprise yesterday when my good friend Hannah Long-Higgins came to town for the afternoon to visit! We walked around the city, took pictures, and had a great time catching up. Fortunately, the weather was stunning for our visit, until it started pouring right as she started walking to the bus station to leave.
I'm still having an absolute blast, enjoying my classes and enjoying hanging out and getting to know more people. I'm not looking forward to leaving at all! I fully plan on living it up every second of this last week and a half. Anyway, more later when I'm not so tired.
Cheers,
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment